Become a member of our team on a one year Student Placement.
We are looking for students working towards achieving either a Postgraduate Diploma, MSC, MA Counselling qualification or a Dr Counselling qualification who have a desire to make a difference to people's lives and who are able to commit to a one year placement. The student placement will be based around remote delivery initially.
What we expect from you
- One day per week for a minimum one year commitment.
- To accept and work within Lifelink’s policies and procedures as provided by Lifelink as provided by HR. i.e. Equal opportunity/ Health & Safety Policy.
- To respect the dignity of every human being and his/her culture. Behavior such as sexist, racist, sectarian or other offensive comments or actions will not be tolerated.
- To keep confidential and not disclose to any other person, sensitive information relating to Lifelink’s business, members of staff, volunteers or visitors.
- You must not report for placement whilst under the influence of alcohol, drugs or solvents.
- To carry out all agreed assignments to the best of their abilities and operate as an ambassador for Lifelink at all times, and to discuss with the person you are responsible to, if for any reason you cannot do so.
- To commit to attend clinical supervision group for two hours once per month. Dates are set for the year to work around any commitments.
- To talk to the person, you are responsible to promptly if there are any problems arising with the placement.
- Lunch and refreshment breaks and holidays are to be taken in line with Lifelink’s schedules.
- In the event of any issue occurring relating to the behaviour or performance of someone on placement within Lifelink that this will be promptly and effectively dealt with to the satisfaction of the Lifelink contact person.
What you can expect from us
- To ensure that all recruitment/placement processes are fair.
- All venues will have a full Work Place Health & Safety Risk Assessment carried out to ensure that reasonable protective and preventative measures are put in place.
- To ensure an appropriate environment is set up before the placement starts, including all necessary equipment to carry out the work.
- To provide Clinical Supervision either on a one to one or group basis.
- To ensure the placement is reviewed at the end of the 3-month probationary period.
- To ensure that anyone on placement is free from discrimination on grounds of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, political beliefs, religion, physical or mental disability, class, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital or parental status.
- To keep confidential personal information relating to placement trainees as per GDPR requirements.
- To ensure that for each student on placement there is a Lifelink Mentor to whom they are accountable, and to whom they should go to for guidance, support or if there are any problems.
- To provide any necessary / appropriate insurance cover.
- Any problems, grievances or difficulties that arise in the course of your placement will be dealt with in a fair and just manner.